John Marsing Resume a web/database developer
To show off my geekness, I wanted to list the things I used to create this website which is what I have been working on for the last couple of years.
ASP.Net MVC Core 2.0.
See the website I rebuilt for my congregation
ASP.Net MVC 5.3 written in C# 6, .Net Framework 4.61, Razor
Bootstrap 3.3 and Font Awesome 4.7
Micro ORM Dapper allows me to avoid the use the Heavy ORM Entity Framework (EF) which I have used in the past.
What I also do not like about EF is there tendency towards code first (I prefer Database First and use of Database Projects).
I have also used Async/Await for (most) all of my connections to the SQL Database (System.Threading.Tasks namespace ).
PetaPoco is another Micro ORM I have used recently with my Visual Studio Database Project.
- Glimpse and Glimpse.Ado which works nicely with Dapper thereby allowing you to see the SQL
SQL Azure My database in the cloud.
- Auth0 using this authentication solution allows me to avoid EF migration and rolling my own Identities
- Application Insights good for diagnostics, logging etc.
Azure Blob My file system in the cloud.
I use this to store my Parasha files and my Articles.
Windows Azure SQL Database
Microsoft Unit Test Framework for my unit testing (I need to be more disciplined in this area)
Event logs and tracing (System.Diagnostics namespace, log4net)
Sql Azure Migration Wizard (SqlAzureMW)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Professional - my go to IDE of choice
- Visual Studio Code - Mainly I use it for creating Markdown (*.md) file and to do a quick peek of .cs files
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) - I am in the process of switching over exclusively to Database Projects (see next line)
- Visual Studio SQL Server Data Tools - By creating Database Projects and using the Visual Studio IDE, I am realizing this is a better way to manage databases
- Azure Explorer created at Redgate.
Here is a similar list of technologies I have used for this website in the past (there is some overlap).
For a list of things I have planned to work on in the near Future.
Contact Information and Location
email: [email protected], twitter: @JohnMarsing.
location: East Tempe AZ 85281